Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

High 5 for Friday

1. This weather. For real. I was convinced that it was going to stay cold every single day until April or May. For this reason, I was not so excited for February to make his appearance. But, the shortest month of the year is not short in surprises this year. The sun is shining and the weather is warmish!  I know it will get cold again, but it's nice to have a little break to catch our breath and get ready to plan the next week of layering clothes. 

2. I had lunch with some awesome girls this last week - we had delicious bagel sandwiches and then we ate huge cupcakes. I'm all for days off of school that end up being sunny and 45 degrees so we can enjoy them and eat too much food. 

3.  We are working through the book of Philippians at high school Bible study, and I am really enjoying it. My favorite part is that our students care and are taking the time to ask good questions and really dig in. Three of them even memorized Philippians 2:5-11, which is a great piece of scripture for us all to know.   Plus, these kids love our girls (and dog, apparently) and that delights me. 


4.  I deleted the Facebook app on my phone two weeks ago. While I still lean too heavily into twitter and Instagram during the day, I feel a burden lifted that was specifically brewing because of Facebook. Something was going wrong with me in my Facebook viewing and I needed to not have my nose in it all day. I am still checking it on computer but find myself having better, thoughtful conversations than I did a few weeks ago. (I am guessing I will redownload it for youth ministry postings at some point)

5.  Emmalyn is making me laugh so hard every day. We can now carry on conversation and I am amazed and puzzled by her little mind. Today, I told her it was time to go upstairs and get dressed and she started into a monologue "Amy get dressed too? Can I get her dressed? Can I rub her back? Can Amy come in my room? can I play with Amy's hair?"  These are questions that I am confident my brothers never asked about me, and it just makes me excited to continue what it is like to have a house of little girls!  

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Know that your comments will make my day even more delightful, so go ahead and type away :)