- I'm married to my high school sweetheart, but I always tell high school sweethearts they will not get married to each other.
- My husband is the funniest person I know. He makes my post-pregnant body laugh way too hard.
- Our daughters (born in July 2011 and August 2013) are more than worth the effects of that post-pregnant body.
- I have two great older brothers, five nieces and nephews, and awesome sister-in-laws (sisters-in-law). My older brothers caused me to cry a lot (in good fun, I'm sure), but now it takes a lot to make me cry. I thank them for that.
- Before I went to my first dance with my (now) husband, my brothers and dad threatened him. I also thank them for that. And for the record, he said it was worth it.
- Number one word my students use to describe me. Awkward. I wear it as a badge of pride.
- I love bullet point lists.
- Numbered lists bother me - too mathematical. I try to avoid math at all costs.
- I grew up thinking everyone loved the church. Then I realized that not everyone does. Now my goal is to do my part to help make the church the healthy and holy place that people will love - because Jesus is there.
- Put twenty teenagers in my living room and my day is made. Put twenty third graders in my living room and I'm locking myself in the bathroom.
- I never knew how much I loved babies until I had one. I'm that creepy person who won't stop staring at you until you let me hold your child.
- I refer to John Wesley as J-Dub. I don't think he'd mind.
- Why "delightful days"? Because in everything, I'm trying to seek the delight in our moments, the joy in every day.