Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas, Emmalyn!

Emmalyn,

You are still asleep in bed right now and I am wide awake.  It's Christmas morning!  I am treasuring this (most likely) last Christmas where everyone sleeps in but I'm about ready for the fun to start.  You are amazing.  I love spending time talking with you about Jesus' birthday, but I'll be honest.  I feel so inadequate in helping you understand the magnificence of this day, of this truth.  Sweet girl, how can I explain to you that God came to earth as a tiny baby who relied on his mother to change his diapers and nourish him.  God, who created everything, depended on a woman to nurse him when he cried.  God did that.  And more, he gave his life for us.  Darling, I pray that you understand this truth from the tips of your staticky hair to the bottom of your little toes.  Jesus came for you. 

You have been making us laugh so hard lately. You love to dance around the family room with your hands over your head, and love to entertain our family.  You are learning about pronouns right now.  The other night, as our car turned the corner to our street, you said "My house".  I said, "Yes, it's our house Emmalyn." "No, my house.  I share it with you, Mommy.  I share with Mommy and Daddy.  "  What a generous girl you are to share your house with us Emmalyn!  When you want to do something on your own, you said, "I help you, Mommy".  So say, you're climbing down the stairs, and I ask "Can I carry you?"  You reply, "No, Mommy.  I help you!"  Or you want to do something on your own. "Help you, Mommy!  Help you!"

The other day, we were shopping and an older woman called you a cutie-pie.  What trouble - the rest of the day you kept saying, "I cutie pie".  Yes, girl, you are my cutie pie.  I can't wait for you to come downstairs and make us some pie with your new kitchen - so hurry up! Merry Christmas; I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Know that your comments will make my day even more delightful, so go ahead and type away :)