Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

The Nature of God

In our youth ministry, we are trying to spend more time teaching students how to actually get into the word of God and why it's so important for them. Throughout Scripture, I am comforted by the fact that God is God through and through. I just read this woman's story and it really touched me as I listened to her simple confidence and hope in God. Her short testimony shares about this reality:

Stories of Hope-Paige from gfc.tv Videos on Vimeo.

These words really grabbed me:

"The same God that was with me when I was a bride in the wedding was the same God who was with me when I was a widow at the graveside"

God's nature doesn't change based on our perceptions or the things that happen to us. He is always God and he is always good. Even in the worst, he holds us in the palm of his hands. What words for her to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Know that your comments will make my day even more delightful, so go ahead and type away :)